Professional Development Funding
Multicultural students in the College of Design may apply for funding for professional development or for program-related needs. The maximum amount awarded to each student is $100 per academic year.
Please note the following:
- Awards are made for attendance/participation in a conference or any academic-related function during the fall or spring semester. Funding is available on a "first-come" basis.
- Funding is for currently enrolled undergraduate students only. All students who receive funding must have at least a 2.0 cumulative grade-point average at the time of the trip, conference or request.
- Requests for funding must be made in advance of the conference or other event.
- If attending a conference, applicants are expected to pay a portion of their own costs.
- Students are expected to seek additional financial support from their departments, college councils, student organizations, the Government of the Student Body or other appropriate sources.
- The application form is to be completed by the student making the funding request. This student assumes the responsibility for providing expense documentation after the conference or other event.
- Awards generally are reimbursements made after the conference or expenses are incurred and require original receipts.
Download application (MS Word doc) for professional development funding