OutPut Center Equipment Checkout
Students may borrow equipment free of charge* from the College of Design's Output Center located at 426 Design. Checkout periods vary depending on the type of equipment. A chart is provided at bottom of this page.
Equipment Currently Available for Checkout
- Point and shoot Cameras: Canon Powershot SD1100IS x 21
- Sony α6000 Cameras with Power Zoom Lens Kits x 30
- Microphones: RODE NTG-2 x 6
- Wireless Microphone
- WACOM Tablets: 30
- DSLRs: 5
- Mid-range Video Cameras: Canon Vixia HFG20 x 10
- High End HD Video Cameras: Canon XA20 HD Camcorder x 5
- GoPro Hero Cameras x 10
- Digital Audio Recorders: ZOOM x 15
- Tripods: 10 (pan/tilt)
- Projectors: 6 (for class use, and valid course work use)
- GPS Attachments for DSLRs: 3
- Remote Controls for the following critique spaces: 3rd Floor North (Triangle), 3rd Floor Center, and 4th Floor Center
- Various Mac Laptop VGA adapters
Item Type Checkout Period
- Projector Class time +15 minutes only!
- Video Apapter Class time +15 minutes only!
- Remote Controls Class time +15 minutes only!
- Cameras – point&shoot Default is 1 day, max. 2 days
- DSLRs 1 day ONLY. Reservations are suggested. No renewals.
- Tablets Default is 1 day, max. 2 days
- Video Cameras Default is 1 day, max. 2 days
- Motion Capture Dongles 4 hours, cannot leave the labs
- Audio Recorders Default is 1 day, max. 2 days
- Items cannot be checked out longer than two days without prior approval. Email the lab manager (email@example.com) if you have a request for a longer checkout period due to field trips. We will only be able to accommodate a small number of these requests.
- NO DSLRs can go on field trips.
- Patrons will be responsible for all insurance necessary to cover the items if traveling by plane or other public modes of transportation.
*Fees will be charged if items are lost or returned late
- Overdue Policy: Items returned more than 30 minutes late will be considered overdue, and will be assessed a $10/day overdue fine to be applied to your UBill.
- All lost items will be billed at the replacement rate. Some of these items are very expensive. It is in your best interest to return items promptly.